Maia's Ticker

Maia's Ticker

Saturday, July 9, 2011

11 week update

Maia is now 11 weeks. We weighed her yesterday and she was 11 pounds 14 ounces, so just about 12 pounds. A few pounds more and she will have outgrown the weight limit for the bassinet and the top portion of her pack-n-play. Actually, last night (well, rather, early this morning) I didn't put her to sleep in her bassinet, I put her in her crib. She fussed on and off, but that's not unusual for the time of morning that it was, so I don't know that it was the move that did it. Regardless, it's another step away from the beginning of her life and towards the rest of her babyhood. Another sign of her growing up.
She sort of sleeps through the night, although we are back to our weird "take turns" schedule. I go to bed after I feed her in the late evening, which is anywhere from 9pm to 11:30pm. Matt stays up playing his games and keeping her quiet if she fusses. Sometimes she sleeps okay, sometimes she fusses. Sometimes Matt has to lay her on her front for a bit until she is well asleep and then he flips her over. At some point he goes to sleep on the couch downstairs (though never while she is still on her front). She usually wants to be fed again anywhere between 4:30 and 7:00am, sort of depending on when I fed her last. At that point Matt goes to bed upstairs, I feed her, and then lay her in her bassinet (and now her crib) and attempt to get a few more hours of sleep. It seems like 5:30 is the crossing line. If it's after that, it's up in the air as to whether she is happy to go back to sleep, or if she fusses for the next few hours, preventing me from sleeping well. If she is too fussy, I take her downstairs and try to find ways to get her to be quiet and maybe actually sleep, so that she doesn't wake up Matt. Not my ideal, but sometimes she sleeps and it works out. Soon we need to get back into just trying to muscle through the night, both of us upstairs and her in her room. *sigh*
My last post described her talking and smiling and such. I need to run now, so I'll have to provide more of an update at a later time. Probably next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment