Maia's Ticker

Maia's Ticker

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sitting Up Tall

Today Maia hit another milestone. She learned how to sit herself up. Up until now she hasn't been able to figure out how to go from lying on her belly to sitting up. She can go from sitting up to down on her belly, but once there, she could only crawl around, or roll onto her back, and eventually complain about being horizontal. But today, I left her on her belly playing with Liam's puzzle, with Matt and Liam nearby on the couch looking at flashcards, and when I came back downstairs from my errand, she was sitting up, half on the puzzle. I commented to Matt about sitting her up, and he said that he hadn't moved her. I knew Liam couldn't have done it, but I asked him anyway. Nope, she had done it herself.
About a half hour later, she was back on her belly again. I looked away for a few minutes, doing something on my iPhone, and then Liam exclaimed "Mommy, she did it again!" I looked up, and sure enough, she was sitting. I was excited. I laid her down on her belly to watch her again, which she complained about. Then she crawled around a bit on her belly. But finally I got to see her in action. She raised up onto her toes, and pushed herself back with her hands, letting her legs fold under her, and then she was back on her seat again, sitting pretty. Liam and I got so excited...he gave her a hug, and she gave us her goofy grin and clapped her hands.
I am so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment