Maia's Ticker

Maia's Ticker

Monday, February 13, 2012

Maia on the move

My little girl is on the move and getting better at it! She can move very fast on her belly now, and can turn very quickly. She often tries to pull herself up from her belly, or from a sitting position, wanting to stand. She is becoming better at pushing herself from her belly back up to a sitting position. She always wants to walk places. She will reach out and try to grab your fingers, and then start trying to walk away...she wants you to "walk her" around the room. Your fingers might not even be in range or in view...she will absent-mindedly grope for your hands where they SHOULD be if you were going to walk her around the room, as if expecting that you are going to be right there ready to do her bidding. And she cranks if you don't comply. And she is getting much better at the walking. She still has to work on her coordination, but she's less wobbly and places her feet better. She can get going at a good clip at times.

AND, today...TODAY, she managed to get herself from lying on her belly to fully standing up. I was sitting on the floor, with my legs under me (so, sitting on my heels). Maia had belly-crawled up to my knees. She put her hands on my knees, and instead of pushing up with her hands and doing a backbend as usual (which never helped her up), she instead got up onto her knees, then straighted her legs and pushed her tush up into the air...and then pushed up with her hands, finally raising up to standing, moving her hands to my shirt front for better stability. It was done in just a few seconds, without any wobble, as if she's been doing it for weeks, instead of for the first time.
I got so excited! And so did she! There was much excitement and laughing. I am not sure she knew why I was excited, just that I was...and that made her happy.

Full mobility is only around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. She's moving like crazy, actually! I couldn't believe how much walking she could do! :)

    ReplyDelete