Maia's Ticker

Maia's Ticker

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Growing Girl

I know, I am way behind on posts and pictures, and I promise they are coming. It's crazy how little time I have, and now that Spring has sprung, the gardens are demanding my attention. But I WILL post! It's supposed to rain this weekend, so I should be able to make time.

Anyway, some quick updates.
First, Maia is almost 11 months. I didn't post at her 10-month mark in February (oops), and on Thursday she will have reach 11 months. So I am two months behind on pictures. Eep. I weighed her last week (I think), and she was about 19-lbs. She feels heavier. Which is part of the reason we upgraded her carseat. Liam was the other reason...he was outgrowing his carseat, so we got him a booster seat and gave his carseat to Maia. It's much bigger, and now we don't have to cart her around in the carrier.

Maia is moving like crazy. She can move quickly across the floor, in a combo of belly crawling and actual knee crawling. She can quickly pull herself up to standing using various surfaces (couch, chair legs, tv-tray legs, toys, pillows, walls, gates, other people's pants). She is "traveling" very well now, and will even transfer from hand-hold object to hand-hold object (gate bars to chair to another chair), as long as she can reach it. No steps without support yet. But she is getting way braver. Saturday night, she traveled back and forth the length of the coffee table, at a 45-degree angle...which means she held on with one hand, and was barely using the outside/forward hand. She also wants us to walk her everywhere, and she no longer just goes whereever you take her, at a fast pace...she takes her time, meandering where she wants, and she definitely has an opinion on which way she wants to walk (or not walk). If you leave her alone in her gated-off area, she complains loudly and jiggles the gate bars. heh. Not too long before she is fully walking. By a year? It's only one more month, but with the way she keeps advancing, seems like its a possibility.

OH, we just took Maia to an allergist today to see if she has more than just eczema, since she is constantly scratching at her wrists and ankles and chin and the back of her neck. So far the only other allergy besides milk (they didn't even want to test her on that, they were convinced by the info we gave them) is eggs, both whites and yolks, which is apparently normal/expected for children with eczema. But I am supposed to limit/cut out eggs and cow's milk from my diet until I am done with breastfeeding her. Back to Silk it is.

What else? I am running out of time. She hasn't really changed in the "talking" departments. Lots of sounds, nothing really noticeable. Nothing I would note as a recognizeable word. She understands some of what we say. And I think she knows her name now. She definitely knows Mommy, Daddy, and Liam when we say it.

Okay, gotta run. Check back by the end of the weekend to see if I have finally put up pictures. But I have Liam's pictures to also put up, that I started but didn't finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment