Maia's Ticker

Maia's Ticker

Thursday, March 22, 2012

11 Months Old

My little girl is now 11 months and just growing by leaps and bounds. I promise that pictures are forthcoming, but I have been busy spending my "free" time doing tons of yard work. So right you just get a few more verbal updates.
So, Maia is now fully a knee-crawler. She is relatively fast, and will also drop to her belly when stopping to manipulate something, or to turn back to look at something. She still wants to walk everywhere, though she seems more content now that she can crawl and also "travel". In the last few days, so has actually stretched her arms out to the limit when transferring from one stable "travel" surface to another, so she is getting braver.
Two more teeth have snuck their way in. I didn't realize they were there, mainly because it is hard to see the top of her mouth and she is very opinionated about letting is look. So it was only when she slipped while crawling (don't ask me how she managed that...I watched it happen and I still don't understand it) and bashed her mouth just right to start bleeding and require investigation, that I found out she had two teeth coming in. Both pretty much the same length. Looks like maybe they had popped through a few days earlier.
I think Maia is almost done with breast feeding. I would LOVE to feed her for many more months, but a combination of things seem to have severely reduced my milk supply, and Maia is often more interested in playing. There are times when she doesn't want to bother with me because nothing is coming out right away and she has more important things to do. And of course, the less she drinks, the less stimulation I am getting and hence the less milk I am producing. *sigh* So much for getting to two years. I will be lucky to get to a year. I am surprised to have even made it this far. Just one more month and I think I can be happy.
Not sure I have much more to add, since I just posted an update on her a few days ago. I'll have to come back with pictures in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment